Overall design excellence throughout the publication, including appropriateness, use of typography, treatments and production techniques. Category 9 to 11, will be judged on the basis of look & feel, colours combination and diversity in design relevant to content and impact of design on communication.
- MAGAZINE DESIGN: Size would not be over 8.2'' x 11.6'' / 21cms x 29.7cms
- NEWSLETTER DESIGN: Design done in year 2010.
- BROCHURE DESIGN: Design done in year 2010.
- PRESTIGE PUBLICATIONS: One-time prestigious publications brought out in 2010 for the purpose of organizational promotion or promotion of an event or cause.
- FEATURES (ENGLISH): In-depth treatment of a subject, usually descriptive and interpretative in nature. Generally of two or more pages.
- SPECIAL COLUMN (ENGLISH): A regular column of communication with a view to entertain, inspire or inform the entire year's output of the column will be required.
- FEATURES (LANGUAGE): In-depth treatment of subject, usually descriptive and interpretative in nature. Written in an Indian language.
- SPECIAL COLUMN (LANGUAGE): A regular column written to entertain, inspire or inform. Written in an Indian language.
- HEADLINES: Use of headlines in a single publication. DO they catch the reader's attention? Are crossheads, strap lines and other effects used effectively and appropriately.
- PHOTOGRAPHY: Photograph published in any organizational publication, periodical or otherwise the photograph should have been commissioned for the article or submitted by an employee. Please clearly mention picture taken by an amateur or by a professional. STOCK PICTURES ARE NOT ALLOWED.
- PHOTO FEATURE: A series of photographs accompanied by text, depicting a definite theme. Space devoted to the photographs should exceed 60% of the total space of the feature.
- ILLUSTRATION: Use of illustration in a publication to attract and sustain interest, and complement the subject matter. Please specify the illustration to be judged.
- ANNUAL REPORTS: Reports published for the financial year 2009-10 accompanied by graphic presentations, photographs and illustrations to dramatise and communicate clearly the organization's financial results/activities/achievements.
- EXHIBITION COLLATERAL: Collateral is a collection of publications like folders, brochures, catalogues, danglers, display materials, signage, posters, printed exclusively for an exhibition that helps you disseminating your message to visitors. They convey the purpose of the exhibition and provides a branding opportunity.