ABCI has instituted Prestige Awards in the following categories:
- Promising Business Communicator: Any Male/Female in the Age Group of 25 years to 35 years with 8 to 10 years of experience in Corporate Communications, Public Relations and or in the related professions with excellent track record and achievements can file the nomination. The entry needs to certified by the current employer stating the facts mentioned therein about his/her career and achievements are factually correct. Innovation or bringing effective and visible change through internal/external communication systems and set-up, contribution to the organization in changing perception will be taken into consideration for the Award
- Business Communicator of the Year: A Communications Professional who has dominated and influenced the profession of Communications and dealt very efficiently with crisis in the calendar year 2010. The Award is given to a professional, who has left behind his footprints, thus becoming a Role Model for the younger professionals.
- Communicator of the Decade: A Communications Professional who has dominated and influenced the profession of Communications and dealt very efficiently with crisis in the last few years. The Award is given to a professional, who has left behind his footprints, thus becoming a Role Model for the younger professionals.
- Excellence in Business Journalism: The Award is given to a person at the Editor's level for his/her outstanding contribution in Print or Electronic Media that has given a new dimension to the Business Media. Person introduced or responsible for an Investigative or Analytical Business Journalism that has given a new direction; influenced the Generation Next or shaped-up the profession Business Journalism.
- Excellence in Financial Communications: Financial Communications has become an area of specialization in the wake of boom in the stock markets since last few years. The Award is given to a Financial Wizard from Corporate or Agency or an Institution responsible for his outstanding contribution in making an IPO fully subscribed or bringing innovative ways into Financial Communications.
- Excellence in Marketing & Brand Communications: Marketing and Brand have become buzz words in an open economy. Right Communications with Right Option can Create a Super Brand or a Mother Brand. Success of a Brand largely depends upon Communications Strategy. The Award is given to a Person or an Institution instrumental in shaping up the Brand through a launch of a successful campaign or making a powerful impact of the Brand.
- Excellence in Strategic Business Communications for Non-Business Communications Professionals: Many years ago Mr. Nani Palkhiwala / Mr. Eknath Thakur, former Director, SBI & Hon`ble MP (Rajya Sabha) and last year Mr. Rajendra Darda, Hon`ble Industries Minister, Govt of Maharashtra were felicitated with this Award. Any Indian, who is not essentially in the Profession of Business Communications but have done exceptionally well and is a powerful Business Communicators will be bestowed upon with this honour. Successfully launching a new concept or a brand, bringing about change in the organization and perception of people for the organization he/she belongs to and enhancing its image through Business Communications will be the basis for considering this Award.
- Global Business Communicator: As India is going Global, many Mergers & Acquisitions (M&A) have taken place in the last few years. Award is given to an Indian who has done exceptional contribution in handling the Challenges faced by the Communications set-up during M&A to create a Global Impact for the organization he/she belongs to OR any Indian living abroad having contributed to the cause of Business Communications and have attained excellence in the profession.
- Lifetime Achievement : The Life Time Achievement Award is given to a Person who has been essentially a Communications Professional par excellence. However, his/her contribution is beyond the boundaries of Communications is also taken into consideration for conferring an Award. He/she who is responsible for Nation Building or depicting a role as a Catalyst or rendering service to the Society through Corporate Social Responsibility, is being felicitated with this Award.
Members of ABCI Governing Council are not eligible to file nominations in any of Prestige awards category.